It can be a pleasant area for meditation. It can be an entertainment area if you get some fresh music systems out there and arrange an evening a bash for friends. With few design-related tips, an enclosed porch can be converted into an attractive, lively, comfortable, salubrious and welcoming space. People love the idea of their porches transforming into a vibrant space with multifunctional dimensions.
Screened porches allow the benefit of diverse functions. You can make your screen permanent or retractable, according to your lifestyle and preferences. Porches have mostly large glass windows so that the observer enjoys the benefit of viewing the green environment outside. Below are five ideas for redefining enclosed porches and providing them with a unique entity.
1. Making a porch, a fireplace and dining space for the summer season: Enclosed porches have been used as a fireplace and summer kitchen by many, due to their natural ventilation benefits. In summers, a significant quantity of daylight enters into an enclosed porch. Being naturally illuminated and ventilated, a porch provides the right ambiance for cooking some delicious food. One must not forget to install kitchen chimney to give an outlet for a smoke. In fact, a suspended chimney plays its role in the porch decorum. You can have a fireplace with custom-made stainless steel screens covering both sides.
The design of the dining table influences the dignity to a significant extent.
The design has to be utility-based too. It must be selected as per the spatial area of the porch and family lifestyle. You can try a lightweight, portable dining table which can be located or relocated as per your comfort.
2. Addition of Comfort elements: If a porch is designed for outdoors, it mostly has concrete flooring. You can decorate your porch doors and windows with door curtains. Curtains protect you from excessive solar intensity as well as purify the incoming air. Curtains also provide a colorful and aesthetic touch to the porch. You add comfortable fixtures to your enclosed porches such as home light or swings etc. to make it more elegant.
You can create a relaxing space with cool furniture and pillow cushions. Screened porches can have a vaulted ceiling with hanging lanterns and even a suspended TV.
3. Porch swing: You can have a sweet swing in your porch. You can relax in your swing, seeing the excellent environment outside. If the area is spacious, you can have a suspended bed swing. A porch swing makes the area cozier and provides the liberty to look at the scenery quietly. For a small porch, you can have a short swing and lounge chairs. If space is less, you can have a rocking chair.
4. Large windows: Most of the porches are equipped with large glass windows. Large windows make the space naturally bright and illuminated. There is natural ventilation creating a refreshing space. A porch with large windows allows the observer to get a glimpse of the environment outside. Whether you are alone or with relatives, you will feel the charm of nature, the sky, the rain or sunshine.
5. Decorating with artificial plantations: Plants acts as decorating option making a space look more vibrant. But a person has to take due care of plants. The inside of the porch may be too shady to support healthy plant growth. Plant care is a time-intensive process, and a busy individual will find it difficult to take up this responsibility. Else, one has to hire a florist. There are other problems too. Mostly plants are seasonal. So, they grow well in one season and not in others. Planting a natural flower has space criteria also. Luckily, there are alternatives which allow a person to enjoy the beauty of flowers and trees, without worrying about regular care.
Artificial landscaping is one of the smartest design tools for enhancing porch decorum. We can plant artificial trees which are as good looking as the original varieties of plants. Colors add a touch of glamour and comfortable rendition to your enclosed porch. With the presence of flowers and greenery, space looks refreshing and lovely, inviting, welcoming and will boost the health and spirits of the residents. You can have fake outdoor palm trees. You can savor their presence all year around. You can have sugar maple ceiling trees. These are quite easy to place on your porch and make the ceiling look beautiful. The colorful plants complement very well with the lush greenery of the outside.
Artificial trees and plants are as attractive as genuine ones. The color green is good for eyes and stimulates concentration. The vibrant colors like violet and red also enable the person to feel more energetic and prepared for their regular schedule. So, the presence of decorative artificial trees and plants is a sustainable solution, helping to decorate enclosed porches. Artificial trees can be placed anywhere including bookcases in the corners. You can also have soft touching silk trees on your porch. If space constraints do not limit the area, you can have sizeable artificial tree indoor. You can also have fake plants outside the porch. Such a step will provide permanent charm to the entire location. There may not be adequate space for natural plants to flourish. But with artificial plants, you need not worry at all.
An enclosed porch is mostly used as a beautiful, relaxing place. With few design initiatives such as the ones above, it possible to transfer a porch space into an eye-catching and vibrant space, where someone shall love to pop in.