Your Home bar is a reflection of your personality and an extension of the rest of your home décor. The design and décor have to blend into the entire home which surely would have several real and faux houseplants.
The Home bar can’t be an appendix to your house, but very much a part of it. Guests, whom you entertain there, would ideally walk into it through your house.
Key Deciding Factors:
Keep in mind the following aspects while designing your dream home bar:
- Investment: Plan out your budget for doing up the bar as it would require various items like storage cabinets; serving dishes and glasses, stools and seating, upholstery and furnishings, nature enhancers, liquor stock, etc.
- Optimum Use of Space: Select space as per the size of your house. Apartments could offer lesser space, and brainstorming could help to utilize the nooks and corners of the residence which could be used as a bar. Artificial plants could help to give it a spacious look. Place shelves to organize the accessories in the bar.
- Utility Value: Your Home bar could also double up as a cozy reading nook where you can relax and read a book or two. Add to it a couple of fake plants; it would make an ideal personal space while not entertaining guests for a social gathering.
- Lighting: Designer lights are available in galore in the market today. Soft diffused lights, maybe in different hues and colors, would make your Home bar the most sought after space in the neighborhood. Place these lights well behind or beside artificial silk plants to enhance their beauty and shine.
- Accessories: An ideal Home bar would be equipped with all accessories required in it: glasses, bar tool sets, etc. A blend of traditional and modern outlook can do wonders for it.
- Stock: Your Home bar should have a variety of stock available to cater to any guests on a special occasion, those coming in for casual visits, and even those coming in unannounced. Emergency trips to the local markets can be avoided if you have a variety of popular liquor stored here. Special preferences of regular visitors can also be accounted for.
Given below is a list of ‘Must Haves’ in your Home bar, and this will help you to make it the talk of your neighborhood.
- Serving Equipment:
Keep a sufficient number of serving equipment like: trays, snack trays, forks, napkins, toothpicks, coasters, etc. Use fake plant décor and small artificial decorative plants while serving the liquor or soft drinks to your guests and make it a special evening to remember for them.
- Wine and Bar Tools:
Comprehensive toolsets, for an ideal bar, are available in local markets. Your Home bar must have ice buckets, tongs, stirrers, long spoons, cocktail mixers and shakers, bottle stoppers, wine openers, stoppage corks, etc.
- Bar Carts:
A Bar Cart would be a good investment and comes in handy at every gathering to serve and later collect used items for wash or disposal. Designer ones or homemade ones can be placed here. You can choose from glass, metal or wooden carts for your style. Make sure the wheels are four by four as it prevents accidental overturning of the cart. Place artificial hanging plants around the bar cart for a stunning effect.
Keep glasses which can be used to serve a variety of liquor like wine, whiskey, beer, shots, soft drinks, juices, champagne, plain water, etc.
- Bar Stools:
High and low bar stools are readily available and can be ordered online as well as purchased offline. Buy these in pairs, with a minimum of two to four if budget and space allow. The seats can be in the shape of horse saddles to give a very Western Cowboy look. Fake hanging plants can also help to give it a rustic look. The seats can also be of leather or foam depending on the money you want to spend for a modern look.
- Upholstery and Furnishings:
Soft and comfortable upholstery can make the bar a cozy nook. The furnishing should go in with your style and the color scheme you select for it. Pretty floral, abstract designs, geometric shapes are all there to choose from. Leather finish, artificial or real, is an excellent idea too as it saves the bother of stains of spilled liquor or sauces of food items. This turns out to be a significant investment.
Some mini paintings, a wall clock, small vases, scented candles, a small magazine stand, a coffee table can also be placed depending on the space and budget. Keep it neat, clean, and odor free.
Place some musical instruments and have the facility to play some soft music or hard rock as per the social occasion. This creates the perfect ambiance and does make your Home bar the topic of discussion.
- Nature Enhancers:
Nothing looks better than artificial flowers and artificial flowers to add to the beauty of your Home bar. These artificial plants are maintenance free and don’t lose their sheen and beauty with a passage of time. These artificial decorative plants also look like real ones, but don’t wilt, shed leaves, or attract mosquitoes. They can be easily washed with a wet cloth. You can also choose the size of the faux plant, the number of artificial flowers you want on them, and also the variety you love when you go in for these artificial trees. Faux Silk Plants go very well in a bar.
Outdoor Home bar:
If you live in a spacious home or a bungalow, you may even have an outdoor Home bar in it. Apart from all the aspects and accessories mentioned above, you have the advantage of placing fake outdoor plants and faux trees like outdoor artificial palm trees which can add to the beauty of it. Relax and enjoy a good drink with your close ones in your envious Home bar.